Monday, October 30, 2017

Awkward...



Hello Readers!

Do you ever just find yourself being awkward in public and/or social situations? I have lost count of the number of times I have done this. I open my mouth and all sorts of nerdiness or fandom stuff comes out. Many people just stare at me like I have lost my mind. It is always wonderful when I find a kindred soul that gets it. 

I saw the above picture and had to post it. It is me all over. I once went off an a tangent about a book to a total stranger because he was trying to see the cover of the book I was reading. He probably could have become a friend but I scared him off with my sudden animated spew of fandom. I know that most people don't get why people like me get so caught up in a book that we completely lose ourselves and pretty much all social graces. 

It is amazing to find people that smile and then geek out along with you. When younger, I would worry about what others thought. I would hide my true self because I was terrified that they would see my nerd flag and immediately dismiss me. As time progressed, I realized that life is way too short to not be yourself. Be proud of who you are. Don't let others make you ashamed of letting your flag fly. 


InkedBookDragon

Note: The art featured in this post is not my own work. I came across it on Facebook. 




No comments:

Post a Comment