Monday, October 23, 2017

FEED by Mira Grant


FEED by Mira Grant
Published by Orbit
Published on May 01 2010
Genres: Sci Fi & Fantasy
Page Count: 608
Source: Purchased
Format: Paperback
πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜


Description: The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

Now, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.

FEED is the electrifying and critically acclaimed novel of a world a half-step from our own---a novel of geeks, zombies, politics and social media.


Hello.

Tonight, I am reviewing FEED by Mira Grant. Any quotes that may follow are directly from the text and are not my words.

Do you ever just encounter a book that seems to call to you? It stays in the back of your mind, beckoning you.  I had that experience with FEED. I went to the bookstore just to look around. I had absolutely no intentions to buy anything. I kept coming back to this book.  Needless to say, it came home with me.

I knew that it was something special when I first started it. I had never encountered a zombie book that felt like this one. It was more than just zombies. It was this incredible story of people interacting and dealing with the stuff of nightmares. So many layers to it, there was nothing simple about it. I was hooked. I read it in two days and that was only because I had to go to class, study, and sleep. I could not get enough. It was one those reads that would stay with you long after you've finished it.  I could not wait for the second one to come out the following year.  I stalked that sequel.

Imagine if your job was to blog the news and you found yourself surrounded by monsters constantly, both human and zombie. You don't know who to trust or what the next day may bring. All you know is that you have to catch the story. You have to report it before anyone else does and that gets you into the front lines of the chaos. Danger is constantly breathing down your neck as you try to capture the story. People constantly trying to keep you from discovering the truth. Zombies everywhere you go.  They want nothing more than to tear the flesh from your bones. They only want to FEED.

When I picked up that paperback, I had no idea that I would enjoy it so much and adore the series. I strongly recommend this book.


InkedBookDragon

No comments:

Post a Comment