Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Redemption Wall by Marcus Miller


The Redemption Wall by Marcus Miller
Published by Independently Published
Published on October 7, 2017
Genres: Action & Adventure, Western, Thriller & Suspense
Page Count: 353
Source: Author
πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜

Description: An epic action novel of adventure and personal discovery through the eyes of a young man fleeing from a rich and powerful family. Luke Canfield is born into a ranching dynasty but is subjected to horrible abuse by his fanatically religious father. The redemption wall is the place where Luke’s father inflicts corporal punishment on him, almost daily, and Luke endures it for years until the only person left to defend and protect him, his grandmother, suddenly dies. Finding the courage to escape his persecution, he is offered a way out, but must travel alone, quickly maturing as he gains experience along the way, across the U.S. from Oregon to Florida, in an attempt to meet up with a family offering him protection on a sailing vessel in the Caribbean, but he must arrive before the family sails away. His odyssey is a tale of fear, hunger, abuse, adventure and courage through the eyes of a quickly maturing young man. Set in 1967, in a world experiencing drugs, free love, and racial tension and in a time when the words, child abuse weren’t spoken out loud.


Hello Readers.

This book practically fell into my lap. I wasn't looking for it. I wasn't trying to find it. It found me. It did not feel like I was reading a story but rather being told a story in person. From the very beginning, I was pulled into the life of the main character. He was extremely relatable and my heart went out to him. It was interesting to see how the characters evolved as the story progressed.

This book was captivating and very well written. It was so raw. So pure. It was so real at times that I was overcome with emotion. There were moments that I wanted to reach inside and hug the main character. Not many books cause those emotions in me.

I am rating this book Five Blue Books because it was devastatingly beautiful in a way that changes the reader forever. I look forward to reading future books by this author. He is definitely one to watch.

InkedBookDragon


1 comment: