Monday, February 3, 2020

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: KAREN M. MCMANUS


AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: KAREN M. MCMANUS


"Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 40 languages worldwide. Karen lives in Massachusetts and holds a master's degree in Journalism from Northeastern University, which she mostly uses to draft fake news stories for her novels."


Published Works:
One of Us Is Lying     2017
Two Can Keep a Secret     2019
One of Us Is Next     2020
The Cousins (expected publication date: December 2020)


https://www.karenmcmanus.com/
Amazon


Karen M. McManus surprised me. I had heard the hype surrounding One of Us Is Lying and wasn't sure I wanted to read it. I tend to ignore overly hyped books unless something about them jumps out to me. I'm not sure if this is a good way to approach books but it is what it is. I finally broke down and read One of Us Is Lying and loved it. I read Two Can Keep a Secret and One of Us In Next and I'm still intrigued. She writes characters that the reader roots for. They are complex yet seem approachable. I look forward to reading more of her work.


**Bio above is from her Goodreads page and is not my personal words.

No comments:

Post a Comment