Saturday, February 15, 2020

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West


P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
Published by Point
Published on July 26th 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Page Count: 336
Source: Purchased
Format: Kindle
πŸ“•πŸ“•πŸ“•πŸ“•

Description: Signed, sealed, delivered…

While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out… 


Hello Readers.

Kasie West is an author that pretty much fell into my lap. I picked one of her books when I had a gift card because I thought it might be a fun read. I knew absolutely nothing about her or her work but I thought I would give the book a shot. I absolutely loved the book and moved on to other ones by the author.

The premise for P.S. I Like You was so great. I was one that would finish assignments and assessments early so I would be sitting there, bored out of my mind. Some teachers allowed us to read when we were done and I was golden in those classes. Some teachers did not allow us to do anything but wait and I ended up with a lot of time on my hands. I used this time to write on the back of the paper or on my desk. I often wrote song lyrics. You can see why this book called to me, right?

The characters were relatable. I would have been friends with some of them in high school. They were fun and approachable. I like the complexity of some. People are usually not one dimensional and this book encompassed. The characters grew and developed beautifully. I cannot stand to read a book with stagnant characters. This story was truly refreshing. 

I am rating this book Four Red Books because some of the mystery component was fairly easy to guess. I figured it out early on but I wanted to see how it was executed. The author did a wonderful job with tying the story together. It was a very enjoyable read. Definitely recommend.


InkedBookDragon


Currently reading: After All by Heidi McLaughlin and Pretty Reckless by L. J. Shen


No comments:

Post a Comment