Sunday, March 22, 2020

Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott with Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis


Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott with Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis
Published by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published on November 20, 2018
Genre(s): Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Fiction
Page Count: 288
Source: Purchased
Format: Hardback
πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜

Description: Can you love someone you can never touch?

Stella Grant likes to be in control—even though her totally out of control lungs have sent her in and out of the hospital most of her life. At this point, what Stella needs to control most is keeping herself away from anyone or anything that might pass along an infection and jeopardize the possibility of a lung transplant. Six feet apart. No exceptions.

The only thing Will Newman wants to be in control of is getting out of this hospital. He couldn’t care less about his treatments, or a fancy new clinical drug trial. Soon, he’ll turn eighteen and then he’ll be able to unplug all these machines and actually go see the world, not just its hospitals.

Will’s exactly what Stella needs to stay away from. If he so much as breathes on Stella she could lose her spot on the transplant list. Either one of them could die. The only way to stay alive is to stay apart. But suddenly six feet doesn’t feel like safety. It feels like punishment.

What if they could steal back just a little bit of the space their broken lungs have stolen from them? Would five feet apart really be so dangerous if it stops their hearts from breaking too?


Hello Readers.

I purchased this book after a friend kept mentioning it. She thought it was something that I would enjoy. I bought the book and then set it aside to read when I got a chance. Then I did what I seem to always do, I forgot that I had it. This week, I decided to finally read it. 

I am furious with myself about not reading this sooner. I am proud of myself for avoiding the film that released in 2019 prior to reading the book. I am currently watching the movie. Yes, you read that right. I am watching the movie as I am writing the review of the book. I have not wanted to leave these characters. 

I am rating this book Five Blue Books because I am not sure that I could love it more than I do. This will most likely be a book that I reread often. The author has another book coming out in October of this year. I cannot wait to read it! As for Five Feet Apart, I highly recommend.


InkedBookDragon



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved this book and the fact that you enjoyed it so much !

    ReplyDelete