Thursday, December 7, 2017

Becoming Charlie - Part One by Kristie Haigwood


Becoming Charlie: Part One by Kristie Haigwood
Published by Amazon Digital Services LLC
Published on December 3, 2017
Genres: Literature, Fiction, Coming of Age
Page Count: 252
Source: Purchased
Format: eBook
πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜

Description: My name is Charlie, and I'm invisible. Well, not literally, but until one of the most popular guys at Eden High saved my life, nobody even knew I existed. Sean Reese gave me more than my life back that night. He gave me friendship.
And maybe, just maybe, I can save him, too.

Will he still be my friend when he finds out my secret?


Hello.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. I had never read anything by this author but I thought that the premise looked promising. Who hasn't felt invisible at some point or another? How big an impact can one friend make on your outlook in life?  Also, I was dying to know what Charlie's secret was. 

We have all been invisible at some point or another. I really related to the main character on that aspect. You can be in a room filled with people and be invisible and lonely. Some of the invisibility may be self imposed while some just happens. I once took a class for an entire semester and I think that maybe two people besides the professor knew that I existed and that was only because of group work. 

This story was extremely well written. From the first page, the reader is transported into Charlie's world and feelings. The invisible girl that doesn't fit in. High school is so full of cliques and this was a great look at how it feels to be on the outside looking in. Add in the insecurities that come with being that age. Immensely relatable.

I am rating this book Five Blue Books because it is just that good. There was no real lag time in the story. It flowed so well that I was upset when it ended and it hit me that I have to wait for more. The character development was very well done and I look forward to seeing how they continue to evolve in the next book. Highly recommend.


InkedBookDragon






2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you enjoyed Charlie's story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your love and passion for this project was evident.

      Delete