Friday, December 8, 2017

Dawning Ascent (The Pearson Prophecy) by Jen L. Grey


Dawning Ascent (The Pearson Prophecy Book 1) by Jen L. Grey
Published by Amazon Digital Services LLC
Published on December 7, 2017
Genres: Fantasy, Science Fiction
Page Count: 262
Source: Purchased
Format: eBook
πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜πŸ“˜

Description: Power comes with a price. 

Treated like an outcast in her own kingdom, Ariah learned to live in the shadows. But as she comes into her powers, she catches the eye of her life long crush and an unlikely ally. Trusting either of them could help her along a dangerous journey... or could bring her journey to a dangerous end.

When enemies come to light and distrust spreads, Ariah's safety is put in jeopardy. If she places her trust in the wrong people, her hidden powers will be unveiled to those who wish to use them against her.

To survive, Ariah must learn who has her best interests at heart. If she chooses wrong, it could mean not only her own death, but the crumbling of the entire country.

Game of Thrones meets Practical Magic in DAWNING ASCENT, a coming of age fantasy read for adults and young adults alike!


Hello Readers.

Dawning Ascent was one of those books that I had trouble putting down. I love a good fantasy that transports me to another place. It started off strongly. The author set up the story so well that it flowed beautifully. It was well written and I was greatly impressed by the character development. This did not feel like a debut novel.

I find myself wanting to write a lot more but I would end up giving away important details and I hate spoilers. I have the story playing out in my head and I want to share everything. However, I won't but I will say that this book left me longing for more. I was drawn in deeply and cannot wait to see where the story will take us.

I am rating this book Five Blue Books because it was a phenomenal book. I am still in amazement that it was a debut novel. The only true downside that I found is that I was left with a cliffhanger and am a bit frustrated that I have to wait to see what happens. Highly recommend.


InkedBookDragon

No comments:

Post a Comment