Saturday, January 18, 2020

A Visit With An Old Friend



Hello Readers.

I finished the book I was reading this week and it left me emotionally destroyed. I couldn’t read for a few hours afterwards because it was still lingering. I love how books can transport the reader to other worlds and adventures. Books makes the reader feel.

With that said, some cut so deeply that the reader seeks comfort. That is where I am now. I started reading a few books this afternoon/evening that I have already read. Yes, you read that correctly. I am rereading three books because I need comfort desperately.

I have gotten into the debate with people before about rereading books. Some people are adamant about never reading books again. They feel that the reader is wasting time that could be used reading new books. I have never believed this. Reading a book again often makes me feel as though I am visiting old friends. I love that.

If you loved a book, don’t be afraid to read it again. That book may be the very thing you are needing. Rereads have guided me out of slumps. I love a good reread.

Happy Reading!


InkedBookDragon



Currently reading: Real Murders by Charlaine Harris, To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han,  One of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManus




No comments:

Post a Comment