Sunday, January 5, 2020

Goals


Hello Readers.

Anyone who has been reading this blog for a while knows that I tend to set reading goals for myself every year. I love to do this because it gives me a plan for reading. I’m sure you are wondering why I would need a plan for reading. After all, couldn’t I just pick up a book and read it? I could but I set goals and make plans to help me focus. There are so many books that I want to read and so little time to do it in. I also love a good challenge. 

I’m not taking part in a lot of reading challenges this year. I love them but it can get confusing when you are trying to keep track of multiple. I don’t want to make reading into a chore. I love it too much for that. I’m keeping it fairly simple. I'm sticking mainly to my Goodreads goal, my yearly TBR, and some monthly games. 

I’m feeling ambitious this year in terms of my Goodreads challenge. I set it for 250 books. I passed that in 2019 but that is not a guarantee that I will do that this year. Life happens. I’m excited about that goal, though. So many books. I’m looking forward to reading new books and revisiting some. 

I did make a list of some books that I definitely want to read this year. I picked out sixty books that I thought would be fun to read. Some have been out for a while and some are coming out later this year. Each book intrigues me and I cannot wait to read them. 

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms
A Secret History of Witches by Louisa Morgan
The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin
Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
I Found You by Lisa Jewell
The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell
Obsidian Son by Shayne Silvers
After All by Heidi McLaughlin
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel
You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
Prodigy by Marie Lu
Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
Deadly Little Scandals
Champion by Marie Lu
Beyond the Black Door by A. M. Strickland
Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon
Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt
The Grace Year by Kim Liggett
The Widow of Rose House Diana Biller
The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh
The Guilty Mother by Diane Jeffrey
The First Mistake by Sandie Jones
Wonderland by Zoje Stage
The Missing Season by Gillian French
Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valerie
The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t With Her Mind by Jackson Ford
Speak No Evil by Liana Gardner
Loki by Mackenzie Lee
The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring
The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones
The Miseducation of Henry Cane by Charles Brooks
The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell
Mrs. Fletcher by Tom Perrotta
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks
She Died Famous by Kyle Rutkin
Tiger Queen by Annie Sullivan
The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith
There Will Come A Darkness by Katy Rose Pool
These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling
Love at First Like by Hannah Orenstein
The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda
The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins
The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
Wilder Girls by Rory Power
Pines by Blake Crouch
The Rumor by Lesley Kara
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare
Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare
Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
The Outsider by Stephen King
The Institute by Stephen King
The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes

I am getting excited just writing this post. I cannot wait to read these books. I also like that I left a lot of room for the books that may come. There are a lot of books that did not make the list but still intrigue me. There are also those books that I have yet to hear about. 

I'm wrapping this up. I should be attempting to sleep. Not sure how I am going to get to sleep now that all I want to do is read. I blame this post. I want to leave you with this. Don't be afraid to read outside of your comfort zone. Your next favorite book may be the one you thought you would never read. Happy Reading!


InkedBookDragon


Currently Reading: You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sara Pekkanen, The God Game by Danny Tobey, and Again, but Better by Christine Riccio







No comments:

Post a Comment